RAMANATH SECONDARY SCHOOL :: NSTL COMPLEX :: VISAKHAPATNAM
FOR CLASSES I TO VIII
Periodic Assessment - 1
22nd August , 2022 Onwards
17th October, 2022 Onwards
Periodic Assessment - 2
26th December , 2022 Onwards
FOR CLASSES VI TO VIII
13th July , 2021 Onwards.
14th September , 2021 Onwards.
7th December, 2021 Onwards.
13th March , 2023 Onwards.
FOR CLASSES IX & X
Periodic Assessment 1
25th July , 2022 Onwards.
Periodic Assessment 2
17th October , 2022 Onwards.
Periodic Assessment 3
26th December, 2022 Onwards.
13th March , 2023 Onwards
(for class IX)
Class X Board Exam -- To be announced by CBSE
The above dates are only tentative and may change sometimes. Please check up with the class teacher during the tentative dates.
FORMATIVE TEST TIME -TABLE FOR CLASSES VI TO X
Mathematics & Third Language
The above dates are only tentative and may change sometimes.
Please check up with the class teacher during the tentative dates.
School follows the CCE Promotion Policy.
Students of Primary Classes will be assessed on the following grades.
90% and above
60% to 89%
45% to 59%
30% to 44%
Students of Secondary Classes will be assessed on the following areas.
Scholastic aspects of the students are assessed based on the performance of the students in different subjects.
Co-Scholastic aspects of the students are assessed based on the performance in areas such as Life Skills, Computer Education, Music, Attitudes & Values, Literary & Creative Skills, Scientific Skills, Health and Physical Education, Sports, Games, NCC and Yoga.
Promotion is based on the day -to -day work of the students throughout the year and also on the performance in the terminal examinations.
Classes Vi to X will have 4 Formative assessments (FA) & 2 Summative assessments (SA).
- FA1 (10%) + FA2 (10%) + SA1 (30%) = 50%
- FA3 (10%) + FA4 (10%) + SA2 (30%) = 50%
- FA's (40%) + SA1 (30%0 + SA2 (30%)
I Term - April to September
II Term - October to March
1. Test note books will be sent home through the students after conducting and correcting Tests. Parents are to sign and return the books in two days.
2. Grading system is implemented for classes 1 to X. Grades will be posted in the progress cards instead of marks.
3. Assessments will be based not only on the written examination, but also on class work, homework, project work, oral test, class tests and so on. An average of this would sum up for each assessment
4. Progress Reports will be sent home through the student at the end of each term.